KIM WOLFF PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
Life throws us many challenges and at times it can be challenging to navigate on your own.
Wolff Psychological Services provides consultation, and assessment services for children, adolescents, and adults in the Fraser Valley.
If your child is struggling with academic learning, memory, or attention issues, a psychoeducational assessment (Psych Ed) may be helpful in understanding your child’s learning abilities.
Kim Wolff has extensive experience as a psychologist providing private assessments to children, adolescents and adults in Abbotsford, the Fraser Valley and greater Vancouver area. Everyone and every situation is unique. If your child is struggling at school there are many assessment options. Programs for children struggling at school or with learning problems all require an initial assessment. These assessments come under many titles:
- Psycho-educational assessment (Psych Ed)
- Child psychology assessments
- Learning disability assessments
- Intellectual assessments
- Child behaviour/learning assessment
Contact Kim today to get the process started.
• Kim works from primarily a cognitive-behavioural perspective, but also incorporates other therapeutic methods to personalize therapy for each client’s unique needs.
• Kim strives to provide a space of respect and emotional safety for her clients as they work through their challenges.
• The goal of the therapeutic relationship is to support clients in learning skills and techniques that they can continue to use on their own.
Kim has worked in private practice since 2011, she is based in Abbotsford, British Columbia. She brings with her over 25 years of experience as a special education teacher and school psychologist. She has been employed by public school districts in Saskatchewan, Alberta and Abbotsford, British Columbia. Her background contributes to her expertise in the area of psychoeducational assessment.
Kim has been registered with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia since 2011, prior to that time she was registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists. Kim has worked within the public school system for several years as a BC Certified School Psychologist. She has initiated and consulted on the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and has worked with classroom teachers to differentiate programming for students with learning, social-emotional, and behavioural difficulties. Her dedication to maintaining the highest standards in assessment and programming is evident in her work with children and youth, parents, and education professionals.
Kim ensures that her extensive professional knowledge in the field of educational and counselling psychology is kept current through annual professional development.