EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Based in Abbotsford, Kim brings with her over 25 years of experience as a special education teacher, counsellor and school psychologist. Her background contributes to her expertise in the area of psychoeducational assessment and she has been employed by public school districts in Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. She has worked in private practice since 2011.
Kim has worked within the public school system for several years as a BC Certified School Psychologist. Kim has been registered with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia since 2011, prior to that time she was registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists. She has initiated and consulted on the development of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and has worked with classroom teachers to differentiate programming for students with learning, social-emotional, and behavioural difficulties. Her dedication to maintaining the highest standards in assessment and programming is evident in her work with children and youth, parents, and education professionals.
In addition to her experience in psychoeducational assessment, Kim has experience in providing psychotherapy services and counselling to children and adults. Although her primary theoretical orientation is cognitive-behavioural, Kim has training in a variety of approaches so that therapy can be tailored to the client’s needs.
Kim ensures that her extensive professional knowledge in the field of educational and counselling psychology is kept current through annual professional development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- Registered Psychologist, College of Psychologists of BC (#1936)
- Master of Education, School and Counselling Psychology, University of Alberta
- Intensive training through Behavioral Tech (Linehan Institute) in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- EMDR training through EMDRIA
- Advanced Sandtray Therapy Training through International Association of Sandtray Therapy Provider (Caribbean Sandtray Institute)
- British Columbia Psychological Association
- British Columbia Association of School Psychologists
- National Association of School Psychologists
- International Association of Sandtray Therapy