- In British Columbia, psychological services are not covered by your Medical Services Plan (MSP).
- Fees are based upon the recommended rates set by the British Columbia Psychological Association (BCPA). My fees are $200 per hourly session. Services billed at the rate of $200 per hour (based on 15 minute increments) include: completion of forms, review of records provided by the client, travel time to attend meetings at the request of the client, telephone and email consultation, or short summary reports as requested by the client.
- Fees for psychological services qualify as deductions for medical expenses on your personal Income Tax return.
- Coverage is often provided through many extended health care plans such as Pacific Blue Cross. Coverage provided through these plans varies and you are encouraged to check with your plan’s “psychological services” to determine the amount of coverage. Some plans may require a physician’s referral. Wolff Psychological Services provides direct billing to some Extended Health Plans.
- There is no charge for brief email or telephone correspondence. Many of the services outlined above will be included in a comprehensive psychoeducational assessment. The client will be informed prior to any services being performed that involve an additional fee.
What do I need to know about using my Extended Health Benefits?
The amount of coverage is determined by the agreement between your employer and insurance provider. Please contact your provider or human resource department to find out the details of your coverage.
- Is a referral necessary from your family doctor?
- How much coverage is available? Is it a total dollar amount or a percentage up to a certain amount?
- Is the dollar amount per family member or a total of all family members for a year?
PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT FEES
Fees for assessment are billed at a rate of $200 per hour. This fee includes: initial consultation and pre-assessment interview, direct testing time, review of documents provided by client, test scoring and interpretation, report writing, and results conference. Any consultation with others (such as school personnel) following the final report conference would be charged an additional hourly fee. Typically, a full psychoeducational assessment requires between 11 – 15 hours of time including direct and indirect service.
Final payment is required prior to the written report being released.
METHOD AND TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payment is accepted in cash, cheque, e-transfer and credit card. There is a $50 fee for cheques returned for any reason.
For those clients with extended health plans, it may be possible to Direct Bill for a portion of the costs.
I can accept direct payments from the appropriate Ministry (such as the Autism Funding Unit of BC or Children and Youth with Special Needs). These arrangements must be made prior to the initiation of services.
A fee of $95 may be charged for no shows or appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice. Your appointment time has been scheduled for you and cannot be filled on short notice. Exceptions can be made in case of emergency.
Payment is due on the date of the service. Overdue accounts will be given a 2-week reminder notice. A late payment fee of 2% per month will be applied to all accounts that are not paid within 30 days of the service date. Accounts older than 90 days will be referred to a collection agency.